Sunday, May 11, 2008

Books from NHI



I recently grabbed books about Apolinario Mabini at the National Historical Institute in Kalaw, Manila. The 'brains of the revolution' is one of my least read historical figure, I decided that I should learn more if I intend to understand his role in our history.

The place is under renovation. Very friendly people. I found interesting items inside - photos, sculptures and what seems to be paintings similar to the one we find in Rizal shrine (Calamba).

The titles are limited most are from the institutes collection (NHI released) but all are invaluable resource. I got 3 hard bound titles for less that 500 pesos. That's a great catch! I look forward at visiting their place again.

They have recently relaunched their website. I feel that the current administration is on the right track, admirable since this guys are always on a tight budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment