Thursday, April 24, 2008

The APAC History Club



Arnaiz & Alas, originally uploaded by Arnaldos' shutter.


So far I have only two other members since I started this group a month ago. I hope I could increase the numbers once I get the club published in our company's weekly journal. I've also requested for a regular article the would primarily focus on interesting history facts.


My first ever recruit is another history buff named Pepe, he runs a Spanish blog that covers everything from history, politics and some other interesting stuff he usually write about. I consider him more of a co-founder. Now, I don't have to worry about understanding poems when its in Español!

Small as it is, it has not prevented the club from conducting its activities. For the month of March we have visited Biñan and this month the Calamba.

The club has made interesting discoveries in both places. I try to make it interesting and fun, learning never stops as they say and what better way to learn than to travel back in time.

Such efforts, although small have made the activities worthwhile. Other than this, I plan to make a walking tour of Biñan available to all upon request.

It is all about looking back at our rich heritage and this group of mine intends to promote national awareness through our heritage sites.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good initiative that you've started. About the club is this open to non-APAC employees?

    A walking tour of Binan sound interesting. Please let me know when will be your next tour. Thanks

    ReplyDelete