Sunday, July 12, 2009

Casa Clarin in Loay

After Baclayon, I decided to visit another place I’ve read about, Casa Clarin in Loay. The Clarin’s were known for their political roles during the American years, I would not be surprised some of them are still politicos.

The house was built in 1840, an NHI marker stands in front of it, and it’s superbly preserved. I took a look inside the house and it was as if the prominent family still lives there, everything was in order. It houses the family’s antique's which are mostly American era objects.

The ancestral house is in very good condition I think, structurally it feels sound, my only worry was that its susceptible to fire, the roof is covered in nipa and the entire house is made of wood. There were indications of anay presence; hopefully they get controlled before they extend their damage.

The garden is now a restaurant, Café Olegario. Bea Zobel was a guest of honor when it opened, it’s a quite area where people can enjoy Loayan delicacies and Boholano style cooking - but I immediately made an exit when I found out how much a meal would cost me (I only have my pamasaje with me) but I’m sure most tourist can enjoy their meals in the cafe, the place and the food is worth it.
I was looking for someone to take my picture outside the house when I found a boy – who never shied away, he was a gamer! I had to teach him how to focus the camera and shoot, it took some time, some of the people passing by was laughing because the boy can’t seem to make it work which was really funny, he finally did – you be the judge if the boy have future in photo journalism.
I was looking for someone to take my picture outside the house when I found a boy – who never shied away, he was a gamer! I had to teach him how to focus the camera and shoot, it took some time, the people passing by was having a good laugh, because the boy can’t seem to make it work which was really funny, he finally did, children are fast learners and this one is – you be the judge if the boy have future in photo journalism.

2 comments:

  1. You betcha, the kid got excellent talent brotha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I think the same!

    Boholanos are kind and generous - everyone was ready to assist, ready to make you feel you at home. I would be back one day.

    ReplyDelete