Friday, July 17, 2009

Loboc's Rivercruise

one of the barges
one of the barges.

After walking around San Pedro Apostol, I then cross the old bridge of Loboc were some men directs traffic, the bridge can only accommodate single lane traffic, these traffic enforcers also plays an important role in making sure that the bridge would not be overloaded.
The town old bridge
The town old bridge.

The Loboc local government has set up a center for tourist near where the barges for the river cruise are, its complete with pasalubong stalls and very clean comfort rooms. I bought a ticket that cost me P350, it includes the ride, the buffet and the on board entertainment – two guys in floral shirts playing old songs.

Traveling alone has its challenges, since the barge has limited tables, I was assigned to a table where a family is already comfortably seated sharing stories over a delicious meal, it was very awkward, I’m not really a social creature so I was uncomfortable being there but I’m sure that the beautiful family felt the same with having someone like me sit in their table.

After stuffing myself with enough food to last me the whole day, I went to the aisle of the barge where I took pictures of the river and its surrounding environs, they say that this place is our version of the Amazon, it runs through the forest of Bohol, this province offers diversity of exotic and superb natural beauty.
The villagers performing tinikling
The villagers performing tinikling

Along the river the barge stopped so the passengers can watch local villagers dance, it was an awesome sight. I’m not a fan of dancing but the folk dance brought back memories of my grade school years when our class performed tinikling. The villagers danced graciously, accompanied by a lively strinng band, the tourist were snapping picture like crazy.

The cruise was very relaxing, as it goes downstream – I felt good that I made this trip considering that I was in a very tight budget, the river cruise was a perfect ending for my Bohol vacation.
Tourist enjoying the riverscene
Tourist enjoying the riverscene
The river of Loboc
The river of Loboc

No comments:

Post a Comment